As Smart City Special Envoy of Paris’ Mayor Anne Hidalgo, Carlos Moreno led the new revolution for the 15-minute City.
Carlos will present how the concept was developed and implemented and explain critical actions for other cities, anywhere, to move in that direction. Proximity. Flexibility. Equity. Sustainability.
Carlos Moreno earned recognition as a scientist with an innovative mind, pioneer works and his unique approach to urban issues. He is also a scientific advisor of national and international figures of the highest level.
He works at the heart of issues of international significance as a result of his research, bringing an innovative perspective on urban issues and offering solutions to the issues faced by the cities, metropolises and territories during the 21st century.
Some of his concepts traveled the world: the ‘Human Smart City’, the ’15-Minute City’, the ’30-Minute Territory’.
In June 2022, he led the launch of the Global Observatory of proximities at the World Urban Forum #WUF11 with UN-Habitat, C40 Cities, UCLG and other partners.
Awards and Prizes:
• Chevalier de la Légion d’Honneur (France, 2010)
• Foresight Medal by the French Academy of Architecture (France, 2019)
• Obel Award by the Henrik Frode Obel Foundation (Denmark, 2021)
• Leadership Award, Smart City Expo World Congress (Spain, 2021)
• European Congress of Local Governments Prize (Poland, 2022)
• World Pioneer Awards for Building Better Lives », FIABCI (Paris, 2022)
• International Mobility Award, Empresas por la movilidad sostenible (Madrid, 2022)
• UN-HABITAT Scroll of Honour Award, UN-HABITAT (Balikesir, 2022)
• “Urban life and proximity at the time of Covid-19”, Editions de l’Observatoire (2020)
• “Droit de cité, de la ville-monde à la ville du quart d’heure”, Editions de l’Observatoire (2020)
You can register to future sessions and access to all previous at gpenalosa.ca
This presentation is free and open to the public.